Thursday, March 14, 2013

Holy Grail #1

1. Johnson's baby oil - Bioderma is great, but for me, nothing beats good old baby oil for removing makeup. It gets everything and anything off, it's cheap, and accessible. A must have at all times. 

2. Illamasqua Katie - I reach for this almost everyday, it has kind of made my other blushes obsolete. Katie is the cutest pale pink, that goes with everything, it's intensely pigmented, and smells like bubblegum. 

3. MAC Groundwork - this was one of my first MAC purchases ever, and I've been using it as an eyeshadow base since then. It suits my skintone a little better than painterly as an everyday base, and brings out the best in brown/taupe eyeshadows. 

4. L'occitane Almond Oil - the most luxurious post shower treat ever. I doubt I will ever stray from this, but I have to stop myself from using it sometimes because it is so expensive. It's perfect for giving your legs a silky glow before going out. 

5. Origins Make a Difference Plus - almost out of this, and I will definitely repurchase it! See my review here

6. Shiseido eyelash curler - really easy to control to get the curl you want. It is less rounded than some other ones, so you can get in closer to the root of the lashes. Better than the Shu Uemura!

7. Mario Badescu enzyme revitalizing mask - one of the few skin care products I've tried that actually does something to your skin. This is a natural exfoliating mask that is like a 15 minute mini-facial. Love doing this mask to relax and refresh my skin. 

8. The Body Shop pink brown lip liner - a natural, "grown-up" nude lip liner. I use this under really beige nudes to make them less stark or on its own with a light lipgloss. It works under anything.

9. MAC 208 - this is the only brush I will use for gel liner. I fail miserably at using fine liner brushes like the MAC 210. You get a lot of control with this one because of the structured angle, making flicks and precise lines - thick or thin - super easy. 

10. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal - liquid gold! Depotted into an old jar because the packaging broke. Otherwise, a perfect product for subtle dewey highlight.  

~Vida

20 comments:

  1. wow you really dug into groundwork! inspired me to dig mine out, great post, love to see the ultimate faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Yea I went through a phase of using it all the time, and now I'm back to it.

      Delete
  2. Love your holy grail products! I can't believe I've never tried any of these. I'm so jealous your Illamasqua blush is scented. I've never noticed any scent with any of mine :( And seeing your Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector gets me excited because I'm going to get Moonstone soon (I think Opal might be too dark for me) and I can't wait :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tiffany! Ah I thought all Illamasqua blushes were scented because of the one I had, guess not. I hope you love the Becca as much as I do!

      Delete
  3. yes, the illamasqua blushes smell like vanilla! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any of these products either! I have had my eye on Groundwork for a while, but I was also thinking of getting Soft Ochre. Hmmm. I'm really curious about that revitalizing mask now, because I am a sucker for facial masks! I love the Lush ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Make A Difference Night cream from Origins is almost out and I'm sure I'll be repurchasing...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many HG products! Katie looks a little too cool toned in the pan but swatched it looks like the perfect pink :D I wasn't in love with the L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil but maybe the regular oil is better? Also, do you use the baby oil like a cleansing oil to remove makeup?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking to try Groundwork/Constructivist/Quite Natural (because you can't have too many natural brown bases). I just started using the L'Occitane shower oil and I'm in love! It's so funny because I'm so much more diligent about moisturising after using this than any other normal shower gel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought L'Occitane oil because of you and it is amazing. I love the smell, the texture, the lightweightness (not a word but eh) - thank you for your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got me curious about the Shisedio eyelash curler! Better than Shu Uemura?!?! I must try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie blush looks so beautiful! I'm putting it in my "Must get" list for next time I visit the US :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read your past posts on the Mario Badescu enzyme revitalizing mask. I have to try it, seems too good to pass up. Do you think it would be okay for sensitive skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say for sure, because I don't really have sensitive skin, but I think it would be okay. It doesn't feel harsh at all, there isn't that tingly feeling that you usually get with masks that target the same issues

      Delete
  12. that illamasqa (sp?) blush is to die for. it is actually the color i have been looking for since i started even wearing blush <3erica

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love illamasqua blushes in general.. I find them much smoother and pigmented than MAC blushes.. Katie was too light for me so I went with Tremble which is also a lovely baby pink for medium skin tones.. But my favourite illamasqua blush has to be Naked Rose.. Such an easy colour to wear and it's just so flattering!

    The L'occitane almond oil is one of my favourite L'occitane products! I have the shower oil too and it's just as wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the blush color!

    Win $80 PACSUN Gift Certificate by Joining My Giveaway http://bit.ly/ZeZp9o

    xo
    Abbey

    http://www.thinkrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah! I'm so glad there's another asian advocating Katie!! It is my favorite blusher hands down! A lot of ppl worry that it's too light for them but it is such a flattering color :3
    i really want to try that mario badescu mask!

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!