Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Few Purchases

I recently scored two gift cards - one for Nordstroms and one for Bloomingdales - just in time for a make up binge shopping trip. I normally don't buy several products in one trip, especially not at department stores, so it was super satisfying to be able to get a bunch of stuff all at once. 
I figured I would do this quick haul as my last post before I go off to Cabo for a little vacay with my good friend Nisha, who also blogs =). Hopefully I can do a few vacation related posts while we're there? 

Anyways, I haven't used this stuff properly yet, but I can comment on my first impressions and show you how beautiful they are.

Lots of lovely things that I'm really excited about =D

My first Dior product! Yay =D. I originally wanted to get a blush, but I was a little underwhelmed by the color selection so I went for this gorgeous highlighting powder, amber diamond. It is so beautiful I don't even want to touch it. The packaging is so luxurious; the little velvet pouch it comes in makes me so happy. It's buttery smooth and the color is gorgeous - I can't wait to use this. 

I also got the Clarins instant light natural lip perfector in 02. I've been wanting one of these for a while, as many people say it's the best lip gloss ever. This pinky peachy color is probably my favorite shade of makeup, although it's very sheer so the color doesn't show up that much on my pigmented lips. The formula is light and completely non-sticky and I have a feeling I'm going to love this. 

I mentioned before that I love the Bobbi Brown long-wear cream shadows...so I got another one in the shade ballet pink. This one is a pale rosey pink color with some shimmer in it. I don't usually wear pinks on my lids, but this one is really light so I thought I'd give it a try. The color looks really pretty in the pot, but is not as striking on my lids. Still not sure how I feel about this...

MAC peaches sheertone blush. I'm surprised that I didn't have a shade like this in my collection because this is the color for me. It is also supposed to be a dupe for Illamasqua's lover, which I am excited about.

And finally from The Body Shop, I got this bronzer...for 5 dollars! It retails for around $18 and I was shocked because I have been stalking this out for the longest time - I would literally go into The Body Shop just to look at it, and walk out without it. This is the shade 01. It is matte and a lot warmer than hoola. It also has a really nice silky finish and good pigmentation. Love the gold packaging too =)

I am happy now, and probably will not be buying any more makeup anytime soon. Hope you guys are enjoying yourselves; I'll be back next week, hopefully with some fun posts!

~Vida

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!