Wednesday, March 30, 2011

NOTD Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet


If you want springtime pastel nails at a really affordable price, get this. 
I love wearing pastels like this on my nails in the spring, and I am always attracted to them when I am shopping for nail polish. I had been lusting after Essie's mint candy apple until I saw this nail polish at Walmart selling for $2. Sally Hansen nail products are generally very good, and this color is exactly what I imagine the Essie one would look like. 
This applies like a dream - the brush is huge compared to many other brands and it goes on opaque and smooth with just one coat. Honestly, this applies much better than many of my OPI and Essie polishes. It also lasts a good amount of time without chipping, considering I am a bit careless with my nails.
The color itself is so pretty in my opinion, it is one of those that appears to be a different color in different lighting. Sometimes it looks like Tiffany's blue, other times it looks bright fluorescent green, but mainly it looks like a light creamy mint color. 


I really like this and am interested in going back and getting more of them in different colors (there was a pastel yellow that I was very intrigued by).

What do you guys think of this nail polish? Any suggestions for good pastel colors?

~Vida

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour! $2? What a great bargain :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour! I adore pastels. Will def be checking out the xtreme wear polishes x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely a gorgeous color. I need to go check out these new colors, I love this brand of nail polish. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is the PRETTIEST colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. bought this the other day! I have yet to put it on though. looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that nail polish is so cool because i'm polish girl! :) and i must say that I really like your blog. Nice photos and notes. I want be here often and often. :) Come to me and follow if you want. It will be sooo nice. :)

    http://annaaaanna.blogspot.com/

    BIG KISS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Everytime I pass by it at Wal-Mart I'm tempted to grab it, but I already have Revlon Minted and it looks so similar...

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!what an amaizng nail color!i really love it!
    ps your blog is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this color. Do you have Essie Mint Candy Apple?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pastel must be me favourite kind of nail polish colour EVER. Yellow pastel looks so pretty and I love it even more because not everyone wears one, it's not trendy for the moment at least. As pastel colours you should try peach and light purple :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this mint green color! I love the new Chanel and Dior pastels as well :)

    www.featherfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to buy this one to my colection. I bought today 3 colors: yellow, blue & pink like rainbow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, another spring color!


    http://reynaglows.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Gaby, I saw that color too and it looks very similar.

    @Ansa, No I don't, but now I'm not sure if I need it =x

    @Marilou, I really want to get more peachy nailpolishes. I'm surprised I don't have that many!

    @featherfactor, I would lovee to try those nail polishes one day, when I can afford them lol

    @svavka, that would be perfect =)

    @Reyna, yes, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a pretty colour. you have really pretty nails by the way : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. @littlelucy - thank you! I never thought I had nice nails because my cuticles always seem weird to me lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love lacey lilac from this collection <3 it's a very lovely pastel colors ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!