Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Some Sleek Stuff


I have been wanting to try Sleek Cosmetics for such a long time. It is a brand that is always talked about by UK bloggers, and from what I saw, I wanted it. 
As it is based in the UK, shipping from the Sleek website itself would have cost me 13 bucks, not to mention the website at the time was sold out of many of the things I wanted. So, I went on ebay to hunt down the items I wanted and probably paid an exorbitant amount compared to what UK natives would have paid, but it wasn't too bad and the important thing is I now have them in my possession...obviously.

Here are the items that I got. I didn't do swatches of the eyshadow palettes because I'm sure you guys have all seen them before, and if not, there are plenty of blogs and youtube videos that have wonderful swatches of them.  =)


The Original i-Divine Palette 
Storm i-Divine Palette
I haven't gotten to fully play with all of these eyeshadows, but from first impressions I really love the colors. The original palette is bolder than I expected, but I thought it would be a nice palette to have because it has a lot of bright colors that I would not normally buy individually. The storm palette is of course the more wearable of the two, and the one I was most excited about.
One thing I have to say, after just a few dabbles into these palettes, is that they look much prettier than they actually are. I don't think the pigmentation is that great, and the eyeshadows don't feel very smooth. Nevertheless, each palette is packed with 12 pretty colors so the convenience factor is a plus.
I still have a lot of experimenting to do before I can really make my mind up about these, but I really want to love them!
Also, I noticed that the packaging on the two palettes is different - the storm palette eyeshadows are raised with spaces in between the eyeshadows. Is this normal? Or have I got a weird palette (fake Sleek??)

Glo - Peach Shimmer


This is a beautiful peachy powder highlighter that is similar in style to the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks. The texture is very soft and it is not glittery. I'm not really sure how I feel about this product yet. I'm not used to using powder highlighters, and I think I much prefer cream/liquid ones. Also, the color, as you can see, is a golden peach, which I don't think suits me for everyday wear.
I do really like that you can use each strip individually or in different combinations, and I think this could possibly work as a subtle shimmery blush.

I am still very intrigued in the Sleek Cosmetics brand, and would love to try more things from them!
What do you guys think about Sleek? What are your favorite products from them?

8 comments:

  1. I love sleek products :) I love the storm palette and I also really love the blushes- definitley try them out aswell! Esp Rose Gold as that's a good dupe for Nars Orgasm. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Dizzybrunette - I really want to try their blushes, they look so nice! Thanks for the suggestion =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous make-up brand!

    XOXO, BECCA
    http://wwww.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try Sleek, these palettes look gorgeous and so does the highlighter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the storm palette and it's great. Most of the colours are so neutral and wearable and there's a few darker shades for a smokey eye as well. My storm palette has a space between the eyeshadows as well so don't worry it's a normal palette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colors of the eyeshadow.

    please visit&follow my newblog:
    http://burstintocreation.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sleeeeek! Aren't these fabulous products? I mean, the pigmentation of the eyeshadows is unbelievable .
    I want the Glo - Peach Shimmer so bad now that I've read your post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sad cos I purchased the GLO-Peach Shimmer like a few weeks back and i dropped it and now its broken!! I wanna cry :(

    Xisses, Onyxsta

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!