Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Skincare Love: Checks and Balances

For me, finding a good face wash can be difficult - many of the ones I've tried are either too abrasive and it feels like I've dipped my face in a mint paste, or they are too gentle for my liking. 


Origins Checks and Balances is the perfect in-between. It is super gentle, but also contains spearmint oil that leaves your skin feeling refreshed and unbelievably clean. This cleanser is most effective on combination/oily skin - it contains broad leaf kelp extract to alleviate excess oil production and wheat protein which contains amino acids and proteins that are easily absorbed into the skin, helping to increase the firmness of your skin, and lock in moisture in your dry areas. I love Origins products because of their all natural attitude towards skincare. Among the natural ingredients used in this cleanser are chamomile, lavender, and spearmint oil. These essential oils promote cell regeneration, helps with acne and irritation, and also act as decongestants. 

It is marketed as a "frothy face wash" and in my opinion this is a perfect description of how it works. This cleanser has the most beautiful lather I have ever experienced in a face wash; it makes face-washing a treat for my skin.

Overall I am very pleased with the results I get from this cleanser. It leaves the face feeling soft and well...balanced! One thing to note about it, however, is that while you rinse the cleanser away, it does give your face with that "too clean" feel where your hands seem to stick to your face. This doesn't bother me though, as it doesn't effect how my face feels afterwards. 

I love Origins Checks and Balances!

What's your favorite cleanser? What are some reliably safe skin care brands?

3 comments:

  1. I find it difficult to get the perfect cleanser as well!
    I have never tried Origins but this looks like a very good option!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking the look of this cleanser! I really want to try Origins products but I'm wary of changing my skincare routine just now, cause I've managed to find a good routine which has stopped my breakouts! At the moment I'm using St. Ives face scrub & Simple Facial Wash Gel...pretty cheap but they work! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Catanya - I definitely recommend this product if youre wanting to try Origins

    @ Miss Make Up Mad - I'm glad you've found a routine that works for you! I've been using the St. Ives face scrub for over 2 years and I love it. I currently have a huge tub of it that will last me forever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!